Housing in Mind provides accommodation for people who may require a little extra practical and emotional support to maintain and sustain a tenancy. Ferncroft is a large house in central Hereford on Ledbury road where we provide a number of bedsits and shared accommodation. The support we provide aims to help the individual identify want they want in order to achieve their ambitions and goals.
As Night Concierge, you will be helping to create a safe, secure and well-maintained environment for tenants. You will be responsible for keeping Housing in Mind secure, and responding to incidents as appropriate.
We can offer you a comprehensive induction programme and a working environment which values and recognises your contributions.
These are the attributes you will need to succeed:
- A non-judgemental and caring approach; with an awareness of mental health conditions
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to deal with multiple tasks, and use initiative whilst working independently
- Understanding, patience, tolerance
- The ability to respond calmly and confidently in emergency situations
- The ability to display discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times
Overall, we are looking for applications from welcoming and empathetic individuals, who can make a valuable contribution to our service. Working at Housing in Mind can be highly rewarding and invigorating. When working nights you will have the support of our on call team and other team members working across our other projects. You will become an essential part of our charity, working to make sure that no-one has to face a mental health problem alone.
Deadline date - 18th January 2022
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check