Vacancy - Safe Haven Coordinator
Safe Haven Coordinator
£22,000 per annum
Flexible Working Patten, 37 hours a week. The Safe Haven service is currently open on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday evenings. In the next 12 months we are looking to open one further evening a week. Additional office hours to be worked flexibly
Do you want to support people in crisis, who need urgent support with their mental health?
We're looking for an individual to manage our Safe Haven service, which operates at Heffernan House. This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral part of Herefordshire Mind by nurturing a safe and friendly environment, where people in emotional distress can access support and advice. As a much-needed resource, Safe Haven provides vital out-of-hours mental health support three evenings a week.
Join a warm and welcoming team, where we aim to prevent the escalation of mental health problems and improve individual wellbeing. Managing Safe Haven can be a challenging yet highly fulfilling and rewarding role. You will need to be flexible to meet the needs of service users; working with people at different points of their mental health journey. We are open to applications from caring, empathetic individuals who want to do their part towards making sure that no-one in Herefordshire has to face a mental health problem alone.
We're looking for someone with:
- Knowledge and experience of supporting vulnerable adults to increase their independence and to develop self-management strategies
- Enthusiasm and compassion to motivate and inspire others; supervising staff and volunteers
- Excellent communication skills to develop positive and constructive relationships with external agencies
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive and/or confidential information
- Heaps of creativity to innovate new ideas and improve existing services
- A high level of IT competence; with experience of using a customer relationship management (CRM) system
- A calm demeanour, who can deal effectively with challenging situations and take appropriate action
Application deadline: 21/12/2020
Interview date: 07/12/2021