One of Herefordshire Mind's objectives is to educate people about mental health. We do this in a number of ways:
We provide speakers to a wide range of organisations who are interested in finding out more about mental health issues. We have delivered this training to large and small companies, domiciliary care providers, schools, registered charities, volunteer groups and sports clubs. We can tailor this training to suit your needs, from a half-hour talk about our work through to a day's training on specific mental health issues.
Please contact our Head Office for more details or to discuss your requirements.
This training is designed for companies wishing to promote everyday well-being for employees who may be at risk from the effects of stress. Topics covered include: why addressing stress in the workplace is important; the role managers play in preventing and reducing the impact of stress; and coping strategies which individuals can use.
This training can also help your business to meet the Management Standards for work related stress, as laid out by the Health & Safety Executive. Please contact our Head Office for more details or to discuss your requirements.
Our three-hour workshop, developed with support from sports coach UK, is designed for coaches, sport administrators, volunteers and front of house staff. We’ve listened to people living with mental health problems and people working in the sport and physical activity sector to create a practical workshop that will help you:
• Understand common misconceptions about mental health and how stigma and discrimination impacts on people with mental health problems.
• Identify the positive impact that being active has on physical and mental health.
• Appreciate the barriers that stop people with mental health problems getting active.
• Talk confidently about mental health and know where to signpost people who need support.
• Identify practical actions for making your service more inclusive and accessible for everyone.
• Herefordshire Mind can deliver the training for staff in-house at the location of your choice – or as an open workshop for individuals at locations across the West Midlands and parts of the South West.
• Up to 20 delegates can attend each workshop.
• £325 - £425 per three-hour workshop (depending on location).
Contact us to find out more.
Click here for upcoming courses.
We stock a large number of mental health information leaflets. Please contact us via telephone or email to discuss which leaflets we have available. Alternatively, you can access these information leaflets through the National Mind website.