Mental Health Awareness Training for Sport and Physical Activity
Our three-hour workshop, developed with support from Sports Coach UK, is designed for coaches, sport administrators, volunteers and front of house staff. We’ve listened to people living with mental health problems and people working in the sport and physical activity sector to create a practical workshop that will help you:
- Understand common misconceptions about mental health and how stigma and discrimination impacts on people with mental health problems.
- Identify the positive impact that being active has on physical and mental health.
- Appreciate the barriers that stop people with mental health problems getting active.
- Talk confidently about mental health and know where to signpost people who need support.
- Identify practical actions for making your service more inclusive and accessible for everyone.
- Herefordshire Mind can deliver the training for staff in-house at the location of your choice – or as an open workshop for individuals at locations across the West Midlands and parts of the South West.
- Up to 20 delegates can attend each workshop.
- £325 - £425 per three-hour workshop (depending on location).
Contact us to find out more and click here for upcoming courses.